The Municipal Court Judge works out of the City Hall office on Wednesday from 10 am until 1 pm. These are the only hours that the Judge will be available to meet with defendants who have been cited with a Class "C" charge. The Deputy Court Clerk is available for defendants Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at City Hall.
Class "C" Misdemeanors
Pittsburg Municipal Court located at 200 Rusk Street, Pittsburg, TX, handles Class "C" misdemeanors only. Class "C" misdemeanors are punishable by a fine not to exceed $500. The maximum fine for most municipal court traffic violations is $200.
- For municipal court penal violations - $500
- For certain city ordinance violations - $2,000
- For other city ordinance violations - $500
All other citations will be handled in other courts such as the Justice of Peace (JP) court (located in the Camp County Courthouse, 126 Church St # 204, Pittsburg, TX) or the Department of Public Safety (DPS) located at the Camp County Courthouse Annex, 115 North Ave, Pittsburg, TX.
- After an individual has made their plea, there is a grace period of 30 days in which the fine is to be paid in full, without additional charge.
- After 30 days, if the citation has not been paid in full, the State assesses a late fee of $15 (considered a payment plan fee).
- After the fee has been charged, the individual will come in and pay at least $25 and citation will be set up on 3 monthly payments.
- All cases have the possibility of having warrants issued if not paid in full or disposed of in the manner agreed upon by the Judge and/or individual. All cases have the possibility of being reported to DPS for the denial of (or the renewal) of driver's licenses until paid.
- Fines can be paid online with our payment system or in person at City Hall.
- Where is the court located?
- Where can I park?
- What if I need special accommodations for my disability?
- Do I have to appear in court?
- Do I need an attorney to represent me in court?
- What is an arraignment?
- What is the difference between pleas of not guilty, guilty, and nolo contendere (no contest)?
- How can I get my witnesses to appear in court?
- How can I request a continuance on my trial date?
- What can I expect at my trial?
- Can I attend traffic school as a means of having my citation amended or to reduce the points on my driver's license?
- Can I make payments on my fine or must I pay the full amount?