Downtown Parking Inventory
The Pittsburg’s Main Street Advisory Board mission is to value and honor our past while we focus on creating a vibrant future by implementing the Texas Main Street Organization’s Four Point Approach. The approach is a comprehensive strategy tailored to meet local needs and opportunities through Design, Economic Vitality, Promotion and Organization. The Main Street Advisory Board builds strong relationships and encourages public-private partnerships to enhance economic vitality while preserving the historic character and charm of Pittsburg’s traditional commercial district through a community based organization.
Having available parking is an important attribute to positively contribute to the Economic Vitality of Main Street. Below is a recap of the current parking availability in Downtown Pittsburg. Parking spaces included are properties within a “reasonable” walking distance to downtown attractions. Parking spaces are identified by Public or Private with a sub subset of on street parking for Main Street. Of the 376 public spaces, 108 have on street access to Main Street. The parking spaces are also categorized by the type of parking space (see definitions).
- Main Street – A subset of spaces with direct access to Quitman and Jefferson, from the railroad tracks on the West to MKL on the East.
- Public – Maintained by the city or county.
- Private – Owned and maintained by a private entity.
- On Street – Parking space is pull-in directly up to a curb (business access just past side walk).
- On Street Accessible – Dedicated Accessible parking space is directly up to a curb (business access just past side walk).
- On Street Parallel - Parking space requires parallel parking directly up to a curb (business access just past side walk).
- Off Street Paved – Parking space is pull-in on a paved parking lot.
- Off Street Non-Paved – Parking space is pull-in on a non-paved parking lot: dirt, grass or gravel.
- Off Street Accessible - Dedicated Accessible parking space is pull-in on a paved parking lot.
- Off Street Parallel - Parking space requires parallel parking on a paved parking lot.